The Enrollment and Admissions Process
The following steps outline the admissions process. To get started, please e-mail or call our school expressing your interest in learning more about enrollment. Please note that we do not answer our phone during school hours in order to focus on our students. Please leave a message and we will return your call.
1. Once we have received a call or email from you, we will schedule an in-person meeting with you to tour our school. Tours are generally between the hours of 9 AM-11 AM Mondays-Fridays.
2. During the school tour you will meet with one of our staff. You will receive an overview of our school, get a brief tour of our facility, discuss Montessori practices and how Montessori supports the development of the whole child. Our tours include an opportunity to observe a classroom, as well as ample time to ask any questions you may have.
3. Should you wish to then apply for admission, you will fill out the application form, including a non-refundable $100 application fee. Applications should be submitted in January or February for enrollment in the fall. We may have openings during the school year but they do not occur often.
4. We will review your application form, determine if we have an appropriate opening in a classroom for your child and make a placement recommendation. We will also talk with you to assess your child’s readiness for enrollment, including, but not limited to, whether he or she is at least 30 months old and is independent in toileting.
5. If no opening is available for immediate consideration or your enrollment is for a future enrollment cycle, we will place your application in a waiting pool. We draw from this pool as classroom openings become available, taking age and gender into consideration. If we do have an opening and your child is 30 months or older and independently toileting, we will extend an invitation for you and your child to come for a classroom visit with the guide of the recommended classroom community.
6. Once enrolled, each child is put on a 3-month probationary period in order ensure that our program is a good fit with the child. If during this time the staff determines that the program is not suitable for the child’s needs, the child may be dismissed.
The Montessori Discovery Center admits students of any race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. The Montessori Discovery Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies and other school-administered policies.